PSCU1010 – Diploma in Psychology & Counselling
Understand the human mind and the counselling process with this internationally recognised qualification.
You’ll learn the theory behind the skills and techniques used to successfully help people work through their problems and issues with counselling. This includes listening, reflection, questioning and interview techniques.
This online course has been developed by psychology and counselling experts. No prior experience necessary – start today!
- Internationally accredited by the IAC & ICOES
- Extend your understanding of psychology and counselling
- Learn the skills counsellors use to help people resolve their problems and issues
- Developed and delivered by psychology and counselling experts
- Receive a FREE 12-month membership to the International Association for Counselling
Investment: £499 or only £25 per week on an interest FREE payment plan. Click here to enrol now
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 600 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete this diploma in six months (ie one module per month).
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete.
About the developers: This course has been developed by highly qualified psychologists with many years working experience.
★★★★★ “The course is brilliant, it is easy to understand and the detail of knowledge is also easy to absorb. The tutors have been extremely helpful and prompt to reply. I find that I don’t have to use them much at all as the content is self-explanatory.” – Lynaire Hartley
★★★★★ “I wanted to further my skills and knowledge as well as continue to work full-time and studying through the career academy was a great way for me to achieve this” – Zara
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.Ireland.
Module 1: Introduction to Psychology
- PSCG212 – The Nature and Scope of Psychology
- PSCG213 – The Neurological Basis of Behaviour
- PSCG132 – Environmental Effects on Behaviour
- PSCG113 – Consciousness and Perception
- PSCG174 – Personality
- PSCG185 – Psychological Development
- PSCG172 – Needs, drives and motivation
Module 2: Certificate in Psychology & Counselling
- PSCG205 – Stress
- PSCG101 – Abnormal behaviour
- PSCG144 – Individual behaviour
- PSCG139 – Group behaviour
- PSCG166 – Methods of dealing with abnormalities
- PSCG112 – Conflict resolution
- PSCG149 – Interpersonal communication skills
Module 3: Counselling Skills
- PSCG158 – Learning specific skills
- PSCG161 – Listening & bonding
- PSCG193 – Reflection
- PSCG190 – Questioning
- PSCG150 – Interview Techniques
- PSCG108 – Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- PSCG135 – Finding Solutions
- PSCG131 – Ending the Counselling
Module 4: Advanced Counselling Skills
- PSCG211 – The Counselling Session
- PSCG136 – Focus on the Present
- PSCG210 – Telephone Counselling
- PSCG117 – Dealing with Crisis
- PSCG178 – Problem Solving Techniques I – Aggression
- PSCG179 – Problem Solving Techniques II – Depression
- PSCG180 – Problem Solving Techniques III – Grief and Loss
- PSCG181 – Problem Solving Techniques IV – Suicide
Module 5. Counselling Techniques
- PSCG182 – Psychoanalytic psychotherapy l – Freud, Erikson, Jung
- PSCG183 – Psychoanalytical psychotherapy ll – Adler
- PSCG142 – Humanistic/Existential approaches I – Gestalt Therapy
- PSCG141 – Humanistic/Existential approaches II – Person-Centred Counselling; Carl Rogers
- PSCG191 – Rational emotive therapy – Albert Ellis
- PSCG105 – Behavioural therapy
- PSCG202 – Solution Focussed Counselling
- PSCG109 – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Module 6. Professional Practice in Psychology
- PSCG216 – Understanding Counselling
- PSCG133 – Ethics & Confidentiality
- PSCG217 – Understanding the Self
- PSCG175 – Personality
- PSCG128 – Emotions & Behaviour
- PSCG207 – Supervision
- PSCG192 – Referral Practice